koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] Koha translation - OPAC and Staff Files

From: Axel Bojer
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Koha translation - OPAC and Staff Files
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:20:29 +0200

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
Hi Selma,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Selma Aslan <address@hidden>
wrote:
(...)
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=blob_plain;f=misc/translator
/po/xx-XX-i-staff-t-prog-v-3000000.pot;hb=HEAD
http://git.koha.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=Koha;a=blob_plain;f=misc/translator
/po/xx-XX-i-opac-t-prog-v-3000000.pot;hb=HEAD

I understand these files and their addresses have been changed
since the launch of Beta version because the number of strings for
Staff file on web interface increased from 6445 to 6671.

* What is the address for the new files please?
There isn't a generic set of files anymore, if you need a specific language to be generate, let me know.

I need the template, please :-)
I am trying to learn git just now, and it does seem to wrk very well, that way I can submit our translations whenever we have changed something. But I need to get the new strings also.
By using «msgfmt --statistics» I find that all the files in
kohaclone/misc/translator/po
have 996 strings (opac) or 6669 strings (staff).
Wy not have a pot-file also in the same place?
How do you suppose us translators to get the newly added strings that are not part of our local files? I probably could use
msgmerge, but I find it safer to have a real pot-file for that.

* Is it possible to have the additional 226 strings as a separate
file?
If you have already done a translation, only the changes and
additions are added to the PO file on translate.koha.org.

Yes, but how can you translate string you don't have?

* What is the estimate time scale to complete translation before
launch of real v.3.0 ?
The Beta is now released, we'll likely have a couple RC before the
release, I can't give you a solid timeframe, perhaps a month.

I hope you will update the translations for those, then?

Best regards
Axel Bojer