koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Koha & zebra (continuing to try to understand...)

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Koha & zebra (continuing to try to understand...)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:32:50 +0200

Mike Taylor a écrit :
I am sorry to be so persistently dense on this subject, but I truly do
not see what the problem is.

no problem, i'll explain ;-)

From the moment you have a Zebra
database, you can use the Net::Z3950 module to do arbitrary searching
in it.  Isn't that what you need?

In Koha 2.2, the search is done through an API that is really specific. It's a sub called SearchMarc, where that contains 5 arrays :
1- the field you want to search on
2- the operator (=, >, <, contains...)
3- the value you want to search for
4- if you want a 'not'
5- if the line is 'and'-ed or 'or'-ed with the previous one

Then, with those array, I build a sql request & run it.

What I plan to do is just to build a z3950 query, without 4 & 5 (all field 'and'-ed, no 'not').

In Koha 3.0, we should use something completly different, as we plan to enable a standard query language like CQL and query local & other servers as well. So the query tool will have to be highly modified. That's were i give the ball to someone else ;-)

So what has to be deeply modified is the building of the query. It has to be done with or without zebra.
--
Paul POULAIN