koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: [Koha-devel] playing with the zebra on cvs head

From: Mike Taylor
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: [Koha-devel] playing with the zebra on cvs head
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:03:31 +0100

> Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:51:17 +0000
> From: Mike Rylander <address@hidden>
>
> The only assumption I'm comfortable making right now is that, as
> Thomas suggested, you would preprocess all the records to give them
> a local use field that would store simplified versions of this
> information.

Not necessary -- Zebra itself can run the necessary logic to extract
the information you want at indexing time.  Indeed, it really should
be that you can just throw vanilla MARC records at it, and let the
magic happen.

> Mike (Taylor), I know you're a busy man ;), but I would appreciate
> any details you could give on this matter whenever you /do/ have
> time, mostly to satisfy my own curiosity. TIA :)

Sorry, you'll get better information out of Seb or Adam than from me:
they are the Zebra wizards.  I am a mere acolyte :-)

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <address@hidden>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "You can't have free speech without responsibility, and anyone in
         such a high profile position has to know the difference between
         saying what you want and saying what you ought" -- Geoff Thompson,
         acting FA chairman, shows his ignorance.