koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Perl Zoom Persistent Connections

From: Thomas D
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Perl Zoom Persistent Connections
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:44:08 +0200

PHP/YAZ was not written to use Zoom.  PHP/YAZ has persistent connections.

Persistent connections are kept alive continuously and should not require
reinitialisation of a new connection for each query, nor should they time
out arbitrarily when the server determines your connection is inactive or
becomes 'tired' of serving more results.

yaz_connect() parameter options include persistent.

This seems ussefull except for the problem of closing a persistent connection.

"persistent"

"    A boolean. If TRUE the connection is persistent; If FALSE the
connection is not persistent. By default connections are persistent."

"        Note: If you open a persistent connection, you won't be able to
close it later with yaz_close()."

Yaz_connect. PHP manual. The PHP Group. 2005.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.yaz-connect.php .

Thomas D

Quoting Mike Taylor <address@hidden> :