libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] Makefile change for joliet_multi_extent, was: Unmerged b

From: Thomas Schmitt
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Makefile change for joliet_multi_extent, was: Unmerged branch ts-cdtext-fix
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 14:05:55 +0200

Hi,

Rocky Bernstein wrote:
> We want the new README and all of the iso, cue, and bin files included in a
> distribution. The way that is done is by listing them in Makefile.am
> variable EXTRA_DIST.
> Attached is a patch file that does this.

git am refuses to apply it to a branch derived from "joliet_multi_extent":
  Patch does not have a valid e-mail address.
So i applied it by
  patch -p1 -b <packaging.diff

The new lines in DISTFILES_REGRESSION do not begin by a TAB, unlike the
old ones. (Well, coding style is not my department. I only try to immitate
what i see in existing code.)

Testing on Debian 11:

After
  sh ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make
a run of
  make dist
fails with
  cp: cannot stat ‘./ChangeLog’: No such file or directory
  make[2]: *** [Makefile:690: distdir-am] Error 1

Reason is obviously this line in Makefile.am:
  MAINTAINERCLEANFILES = ChangeLog *.rej *.orig
Neither ChangeLog nor *.rej exist.

*.orig files exist, but all of them are probably locally created by me
before experiments of the past. (Meanwhile i use branches for that
purpose.)
At least no *.orig are visible in fresh clone of
  git://git.savannah.gnu.org/libcdio.git

Makefile.am gives me the idea to run
  git log --pretty --numstat --summary | git2cl >ChangeLog
(after installing git2cl).
I also renamed my *.orig files to *.original.

Then i did again:
  make dist
which seems to have succeeded with producing
  libcdio-2.1.0.tar.gz
  libcdio-2.1.0.tar.bz2

It contains some .bin and .cue files, as well as
test/README.multiextent .

The test went too bumpy to give me enough confidence for committing to
"joliet_multi_extent" and merging.
So i propose that you take care of that branch and merge it when ready.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas