libreboot-dev

[Libreboot-dev] Toolchain error when building libreboot

From: Albin
Subject: [Libreboot-dev] Toolchain error when building libreboot
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 20:54:43 +0100

Dear libreboot hackers,

As you may or may not have noticed, there is a problem with
building libreboot from source at the moment.

If you try to build the libreboot binaries by using the command
`./build roms withgrub` the build process quickly come to a halt
and the following error message is printed:

> * toolchain.inc:164: Please use the coreboot toolchain for 'x86_32'
(or prove that your toolchain works)
> toolchain.inc:171: *** consider building our compilers: make crossgcc.
 Stops.

(The value after "inc:" may be different each time.) This error
does not depend on what distribution you're using it seems.
For me it happens on Debian Stretch, Debian Jessie and Trisquel 7,
and "user" on #libreboot had the same problem in Parabola.

I've managed to build by following these steps:

1) `git clone <libreboot>`;
2) `cd libreboot`;
3) `git checkout <old version>`;
4) `./download all`;
5) `./build module all`;
6) `./build roms withgrub`;
7) toolchain error (see above);
8) `cd coreboot`;
9) `make crossgcc`;
10) `cd ..`;
11) `./build roms withgrub`

No manual intervention was necessary on Tuesday, but since
Wednesday the above steps seem to be required.

Albin