libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Toolchain error when building libreboot

From: Albin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Toolchain error when building libreboot
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 21:58:33 +0100

Den 2016-01-29 kl. 21:46, skrev address@hidden:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 09:20:10PM +0100, Albin wrote:
>> I didn't have any problems with building old versions of libreboot on
>> Tuesday, however, while I do every time since Wednesday. So it hasn't
>> been the case for me that a new coreboot version was published and that
>> this broke the toolchain.
>>

> Sorry, I misunderstood "old version" .
>
> In theory if you build the same version with the same toolchain it should
> do the same. It should not depend on which day you do it.
>
> The only thing I can think of is if before wednesday you were using a tree
> which had a coreboot/.xcompile file pointing to a toolchain that coreboot
> liked and after wednesday you're trying in a new directory where there's
> no .xcompile and you have to generate it (and the toolchain it points to)
> with make crossgcc
>
> But if you do exactly the same (you did the git clone and git checkout
> in a new directory already tuesday and that worked then and it does
> not work now) and you didn't update your system toolchain, and the old
> version you tried both times is the same old version, then I don't
> understand.

I did *almost* exactly the same, because I did upgrade GCC
and maybe some other tool-chain packages on Wednesday. At first
I thought this was the cause, but after I had tried with
two other distros and gotten the same result and another user
reported the same problem at the same time, then I thought that my
upgrade couldn't have been the problem.

Maybe it was the case that the state in which my first system was on
Tuesday just happened to be liked by coreboot while none of the others
were. This could have been what's happened I suppose. Do you think so?

Albin