libreboot-dev

Re: [Libreboot-dev] Toolchain error when building libreboot

From: xdrudis
Subject: Re: [Libreboot-dev] Toolchain error when building libreboot
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 21:46:46 +0100

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 09:20:10PM +0100, Albin wrote:
> I didn't have any problems with building old versions of libreboot on
> Tuesday, however, while I do every time since Wednesday. So it hasn't
> been the case for me that a new coreboot version was published and that
> this broke the toolchain.

Sorry, I misunderstood "old version" .

In theory if you build the same version with the same toolchain it should
do the same. It should not depend on which day you do it.

The only thing I can think of is if before wednesday you were using a tree
which had a coreboot/.xcompile file pointing to a toolchain that coreboot
liked and after wednesday you're trying in a new directory where there's
no .xcompile and you have to generate it (and the toolchain it points to)
with make crossgcc

But if you do exactly the same (you did the git clone and git checkout
in a new directory already tuesday and that worked then and it does
not work now) and you didn't update your system toolchain, and the old
version you tried both times is the same old version, then I don't
understand.