libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Starting phase #1

From: Rudolf
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Starting phase #1
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:53:38 -0400

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Blaise Alleyne <address@hidden> wrote:
> We might need to compile a list of ally groups (which wouldn't be a bad idea
> anyways), and note their usual monthly meeting times, to see if we could carve
> some space for a unique LibrePlanet time.

I think it would make sense to put that list at the bottom of the
lp-ca-on wiki page.

> The end result would be content in a single HTML file that's easily editable
> in
> any text editor, with just some markup applied to the HTML to make the layout
> and presentation look a bit nicer.
>
> Would that work?

Yep this makes sense to me. Just plain old HTML + CSS.

Side-note: I'd make it a git repo and run a git server or allow for
git pushing straight to the repo. It'd be nice to have a live example
of a decentralized code repo as a counterpoint to all the
github/bitbucket repos out there.

> I guess direct SFTP access would be ideal, though not necessary.
>
> And, registering our own domain might be a good idea. How about
> libreplaneton.ca?
>
> (libreplanet.ca is also available... I wouldn't want to be presumptuous and
> pretend to be all of Canada, but at the same time it could be a useful
> domain...
> even if we just put a link to libreplaneton.ca from libreplanet.ca, and then
> any other Canadian LP groups, now or in the future?)
>
> I can register the domain name if you want. I use Hover.com as my domain name
> registrar. But I don't mind if you are using another domain name registrar
> already. (Not sure if they'll all allow you to register .ca though.)

We could use libreplanet.ca and then have a sub-dir for each province.
It might also be possible to grab libreplanet.on.ca but I'm not sure
how useful that is.