Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Project

From: andrew
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Project
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:00:39 -0400

On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 01:48:57PM +0200, cool-rr@cool-rr.com wrote 11K bytes
in 219 lines about:
: Librelist is a free as in freedom mailing list site for open source
: projects. It is a place for FOSS communities to discuss all the things they
: want without ads, censorship, signup requirements, bundled apps, or
: requirements that you use any particular email client or service.

Why not just run your own mailing list rather than use some 3rd party
software as a service?  I suspect this is a non-free SaaS
implementation. I can easily run mailing lists using free software, why
do I want someone else to do it for me?

If you are unhappy with the "1995 design" of mailman, as you call it,
submit a patch to the html interface to make it "modern".

--
Andrew
web: http://lewman.com