Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to closed, non-free webmail servi

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Alternatives to closed, non-free webmail services?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:16:34 -0600

Mike Linksvayer wrote:
> What stops you?

The question is "What stops us?".

If it is so easy to share hardware, then why do we continue to grovel
before the corporations that continually terrorize us?

If it is already understood how this is to be done, then why is it not
already done?

Cell-phone customers could save *Billions* in profits and needless
advertising and lobbying, and yet we choose to not do so?

Why do we not just buy and co-own the hardware that we have already
paid for many times over?

What stops us is that we need to design the organizational solution
*before* we buy the hardware or otherwise we will end-up in the same
place that we already are - where we take advantage of latecomers and
refuse to allow subgroups to secede.

You say I should just do it as though I can do it all on my own.

But I don't know how to do it all on my own.  I need help.

I need your help and the help of others that understand Freedom to
design this new way of organizing so we can finally bring ourselves
out from under the thumbs of the current owners.