Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free Software CD for Windows?

From: Harry Prevor
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free Software CD for Windows?
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 12:19:00 -0500

On 12/1/12, Will Rico <willrico@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm going to be tabling at a local community college to spread the word
> about Free Software.  In addition to some literature, I plan to bring
> Ubuntu DVDs to give out.  I was thinking of also bringing CDs with
> popular free (libre) applications for Windows.

Why not both? You can include all the programs on
<http://www.gnu.org/software/for-windows.html> and, after the user is
done having their taste of free software, you can include the Debian
win32-loader at <http://goodbye-microsoft.com/> (it's just a .exe
file) so users can install Debian easily without having to worry about
booting from removable media. I would recommend a similar program for
a 100% free software distribution but none seem to exist.

--
Harry Prevor