Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free Software CD for Windows?

From: Gustavo C. M.
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free Software CD for Windows?
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 15:13:21 -0200

I don't know about the particularities of the English language, but what
varies there is not the DEFINITION of Freedom, but the ACCEPTANCE of
non-free stuff.

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
"Specifically, free software means users have the four essential
freedoms[1]: (0) to run the program, (1) to study and change the program
in source code form, (2) to redistribute exact copies, and (3) to
distribute modified versions."
[1] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

This definition is pretty objective. What varies between GNU/Linux
distros is their concern about ethics and coherence within themselves.