Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why I consider cloud-dependent packages as non

From: r. siddharth
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why I consider cloud-dependent packages as non-free software ?
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 23:16:34 +0530

On Sunday 02 December 2012 09:21 PM, Alexey Eromenko wrote:

What do you think about WordPress? Is it a free and good publishing
platform?

Well, WordPress is free software[1]. WordPress.com is a commercial service run by Automattic[2], which uses WordPress.

Gratis accounts at WordPress.com will have ads enable and the ads are posted at the very end of each blog post.

If I am not wrong, there is no difference between posting on a Google server and posting at WordPress.com -- your data is controlled by the TOS of the respective service.

[1]: http://wordpress.org/about/license/
[2]: http://en.wordpress.com/about/
--
rsiddharth