[libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Hosting/Cloud_Services

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Hosting/Cloud_Services
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 10:34:19 -0700

> If you're looking at a blogging service that pays heed to your privacy and
> which makes it easy to publish you work. I think, noblogs.org[1] should
> satisfy your needs.

What should users who care about freedom look for when trying to find
a cloud/hosting provider?

Keeping
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/network-services-arent-free-or-nonfree.html
in mind, is there a list of requirements/constraints that a hosting
provider must and must not do to be considered respectful?

For example, how does noblogs.org differ from Wordpress.com ?

How does Gmail and Facebook differ from other email providers and
'social' networking.

We cannot just be angry with them because of their size; what
*exactly* are they doing or not doing to respect user freedoms?

If we can make this list complete, then we can build new hosting
providers that align with the mission of the FSF.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com (is BlogSpot evil?  Why or why not?)