Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Ethical non-DRM uses of EME

From: Andrew Roffey
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Ethical non-DRM uses of EME
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 08:58:41 +1000

On 18/05/13 01:20, Joshua Gay wrote:
On 05/17/2013 08:57 AM, Andrew Roffey wrote:
However, I'm aware that EME does help with
key exchange on the browser-level, and provides a standard API for
dealing with encrypted content. It could also make it easier to handle
support multiple cryptosystems (or the lack of one).

For general Web Cryptography stuff you can look toward the Web
Cryptography working group <http://www.w3.org/2012/webcrypto/> or the
XML encryption spec <http://www.w3.org/standards/techs/xmlenc#w3c_all>.
I am pretty sure all the things you described can and should be done
through these working groups/specs.

Thank you. That is perhaps closer to what I was looking for. I will have to spend some more time taking a closer look at it.