[libreplanet-discuss] Announcing LibrePlanet Boston

From: Will Rico
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Announcing LibrePlanet Boston
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 14:13:02 -0400

Hello everyone,

Making this announcement to the LibrePlanet mailing list is a bit
overdue.  I apologize for the delay.  A couple months ago, I added
myself as the contact for the LibrePlanet Boston group on the wiki,
with the permission of the previous contact person.  I also made
updates to the page, including adding information on how to find out
about our events.

Please see our page here:
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Boston

All LibrePlanet people and friends are welcome to our meetings.  I
hope to meet some of you at one of our meetings, both those who live
in the area and those passing through town.  If anyone would like to
speak at a meeting or has a topic suggestion, please contact me.

We announce our meetings on the BLU mailing list (a local GNU/Linux
users group) as well as on Meetup.com.  Although Meetup.com is
non-free, it's been an effective way to attract new people to our
cause.

If there is any information missing or if anyone has comments or
suggestions, they will be welcome.  I don't think we're following the
naming standards outlined at the following link.  If that's a problem,
please let me know how to fix this and I will.
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Local_Teams/New#Local_Team_Naming_Standards

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, June 5.  Topic is "Learn
Inkscape, Draw Freely."  More details here:
http://meetu.ps/1tPNzY [meetup.com]

Will Rico