Re: [libreplanet-discuss] I'm new I have a few questions

From: krosos
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] I'm new I have a few questions
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:01:21 +0000

Julien Kyou:
> First if this mail chain is encrypted why can see it in plain text without
> decryption.
>
> Second I am new to the FSF. I fully support  it, but I am having trouble
> leaving non-free/proprietary software . Examples Teamspeak, Steam.
>
> Third I was thinking of buying libre.org as an anonymous mail server. I see
> more than a few people here still use gmail, which I think we all know is
> bad. Anyway let me kno if your interested.
>
> Fourth is there a language learning service supported/endorsed by /available
> to/ Free-Software users.

Hello Julien,

email on mailinglists is never encrypted (as in GnuPG encryption)
because that's unsupported by the protocol (see http://secushare.org/PGP
). It is however doable with something email is not, which is
bitmessage. Bitmessage has in my opinion a better functionality if you
want encryption and no reproduceable meta data.

Before you set up yet another email server, try reading on
http://secushare.org/ and https://wiki.c3d2.de/EDN about possibly
alternatives you might want to support. Email is an old, ancient never
designed to be safe or secure protocol in my opionion.
--

--krosos

public bitmessage: BM-2cSj8qEigE3CMaLU3CwPZf7T3LvzvnttsC
more: http://krosos.sdf.org/

[[ GnuPG: my GnuPG key expires next year. I don't prefer GnuPG,   ]]
[[ please stop sending me GnuPG encrypted things. Use bitmessage. ]]
[[ also: http://secushare.org/PGP                                 ]]