Re: [libreplanet-discuss] List of free as in freedom programming languag

From: aurelien
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] List of free as in freedom programming language
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 21:43:53 +0100

aurelien <aurelien@hackers.camp> writes:

>> Fabio Pesari <fabiop@gnu.org> writes:

>>> Well, for starters I would avoid languages tied to specific proprietary
>>> platforms like Swift, even when their implementation is free, and those
>>> languages whose official implementations have some proprietary parts
>>> (like D, whose backend for DMD is nonfree), because that shows just a
>>> plain disregard for the community, if anything.
>>
>> So it is possible to make difference between programming language.
>>
>> Maybe it should be great to have a table to help people.
>>
>> Like:
>>

>> + as says Kos Ros
>>>  - The language's standard (or specification) may be nonfree.
>>>  - The language's compiler or interpreter may be nonfree.
>>>  - The language's toolchain may contain nonfree things.
Language   |implementations|standard|compiler|toolchain|
Swift      |proprietary    |        |        |         |
C          |               |        |        |         |
Guile      |free           |free    |free    |free     |
Python     |               |        |        |         |
Emacs-lisp |               |        |        |         |
Lisp       |               |        |        |         |

--
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES