Re: [libreplanet-discuss] List of free as in freedom programming languag

From: Ramana Kumar
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] List of free as in freedom programming language
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 09:16:05 +1100

Sadly, people are keen to confuse "programming language" with "programming language implementation", because so many languages have only one implementation (C being a notable counterexample). Only the latter is software.

On 4 February 2016 at 09:12, aurelien <aurelien@hackers.camp> wrote:
Koz Ross <koz.ross@retro-freedom.nz> writes:

>> I agree that it would be good to have a list of languages categorized
>> by freedom status and typical use cases for each language.
>> The list would not be comprehensive, but it might still be a good
>> thing to have as a quick reference.
>
> Something like an awesome-languages list? What I mean by this is
> something similar to https://notabug.org/koz.ross/awesome-c or
> https://notabug.org/koz.ross/awesome-gamedev. Disclaimer: I maintain
> both.

A simple table should be enought and efficient on libreplanet the wiki
of the FSF.

Kind regards

--
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES