Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Solving the prisoner's dilemma in crowdfunding

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Solving the prisoner's dilemma in crowdfunding
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 16:41:44 +0000

El 21 de febrero de 2016 16:19:21 GMT+00:00, Fabio Pesari <fabiop@gnu.org>
escribió:
>On 02/19/2016 06:36 PM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
>>
>> Just come help us with the existing effort!
>>
>> I and a few dozen other people have already been working hard for a
>long
>> time (and making great progress lately) on creating an entire
>holistic
>> platform to address all these issues. Please come join us.
>>
>> The site is: https://snowdrift.coop
>
>Hello Aaron,
>
>I've known about Snowdrift for a long time, so long I've actually come
>to think of it as vaporware - I hope you will forgive me for that,
>since
>I'm sure you are working hard on it. Still, how long before launch? Is
>there something in particular you are missing?
>
>I would very much like to see Snowdrift thrive, and I will give your
>articles a through look (even if I am no economist).
>
>Meanwhile, as a simple user, there are many things I would like to see
>in practice, a proper implementation of BountySource above all. Would
>that be possible under Snowdrift?
>
>How does Snowdrift approach projects built from scratch, especially
>those which require a substantial effort to even get started?
>
>And do you have a legal team? How is its legal status in countries
>outside the US? There should be a way to pay all the proper regional
>taxes.
>
>I also am extremely glad you joined up with the OSI and I hope the FSF
>(and sister organizations, like the FSFE) will also join them as soon
>as
>possible. This might be a good occasion for reconciliation, since if
>there is a thing the open source people like more than they hate
>idealism, it's money!

I think most of the answers can be found here:

#####

We have a how-to-help page:
https://snowdrift.coop/p/snowdrift/w/en/how-to-help

And we're working to continue improving our organization in terms of how
to get people on board, up to speed, and finding the best ways to help
us get launched. Thanks for your interest, I look forward to working
with you!

######

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk