Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Dealing with blind hatred for the GPL

From: aurelien
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Dealing with blind hatred for the GPL
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 20:58:00 +0100

klez <klez@mes3hacklab.org> writes:

> Il 27 febbraio 2016 19:09:41 CET, Yui Hirasawa <yui@cock.li> ha scritto:
>>> Mention "freedom" and they'll say the GPL is "restrictive" and
>>"viral".
>>
>>Many people who think that are anarchist who also think they should be
>>allowed to kill.
>
> It's very unfortunate you'd think this way. I too find the GPL
> restricts some freedom, but understand the need for it and advocate
> its use over permissive licenses. And I'm an anarchist, but I don't
> think I should be allowed to kill. I don't know what kind of
> anarchists you met, but no one I know thinks they should be allowed to
> kill.
>
> Back to the point, I agree that the battle is uphill when trying to
> convince someone who's alredy made up his mind about software
> freedom. But it's not a lost battle, and if you don't fight back on
> public forums, you give the impression they are right. You aren't
> really trying to convince them, but showing other readers that there's
> another way.
>
> I hope I'm making sense.
>
> klez

What is Anarchy? Does it allowed to kill or for any form of violence?
>From its author Pierre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre-Joseph_Proudhon

No

Anarchy is non-violent.

"the violence shocked Proudhon."

Maybe like some journalist think nice to misanderstood Hackers an
Crackers, some think intelligent to put a bit of violence in a friendly
and peace movement that just want from its statement to share the world
without borders to each other.

Maybe that is part of the reason that why some people do so much to make
from a philosophical and peacefull mouvement, a way of think that want
to share things to each other in equity a target of stupidity.

"The violence shocked Proudhon" that is the point to understand and keep
in mind.

--
Aurélien DESBRIÈRES