Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Dealing with blind hatred for the GPL

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Dealing with blind hatred for the GPL
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 12:48:37 -0800

On 02/27/2016 12:40 PM, Yui Hirasawa wrote:

>>> If you reread my mail you will see that I didn't say that all anarchist
>>> think that you should be allowed to kill. But these people specifically
>>> think that their freedom should be ultimate to the point where they are
>>> allowed to do things that harm others.
>>>

>> You have no actual basis to think these people would say...
>
> You have no actual basis on saying that I don't know what the people I
> have talked would and have said.
>
>> ...that they want the power to physically hurt others.
>
> This was never about power. These people just think that their freedom
> is ultimate.

No "these people" have almost all *not* thought through any form of
ultimate anything. They aren't philosophers going through all the
ramifications coming up with some ultimate philosophy. They are almost
all people who have just found some reason to get annoyed at the GPL and
are expressing poorly-thought out views that they don't hold all that
fundamentally. The people who are the Copyfree sort of BSD
anti-copyright anarchist leaning folks are both the minority *and* are
not the people *this* thread was about.