Re: [libreplanet-discuss] talos

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] talos
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:20:54 -0500 (EST)

I looked at the Talos and thought that it was really nice in concept, but WAY
out of my price range...

Alex is right about the cost factors and scale, etc., and that the target price
isn't unreasonable for the scope of the project...  But at the same time, I
will say "Not My Problem" - as my issue is how much money is in MY wallet, and
the bottom line is what can *I* afford...  Even the EOMA68 is marginal,
especially given what I've read about it's performance....

I can buy (or even trash pick) several 'trailing edge' Wintel laptop or desktop
systems, and get them to at least moderately free states for less than what an
EOMA68 costs, let alone the amount needed to get a functional Talos box....

Basically while the Talos idea is great, I'm forced by personal economics to
say not until it is price competitive with non-free hardware, and I suspect the
same applies to a lot of us...

ART

======== Original TRIMMED Message =============

Message: 1