Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Purism is not free hardware

From: Stefan Nagy
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Purism is not free hardware
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:26:04 +0100

Am 08.03.2018 17:05 schrieb Stefan Nagy:
Am 07.03.2018 23:04 schrieb Taiidan@gmx.com:
"Grassroots:
Purism, makers of fine free hardware"

https://libreplanet.org/2018/sponsors

Purism isn't free hardware, […]

You are right, they don't offer free hardware. Since I respect their work
I wrote them an email and asked them to correct that.

It seems like they are willingly trying to unmake their reputation with
stupid misstatements like that. I don't get it…

It took Todd Weaver less than an hour to answer my email.

He says:
"Oh, joy. This is not out slogan, never has been […]. To be clear, we are
a sponsor of LibrePlanet but we did not provide that tagline."

A copy of his email went to the FSF and it took them less than ten
minutes to change the tagline. The new tagline is: "Purism, makers of
high quality laptops" [1].

[1] see https://libreplanet.org/2018/sponsors/

--
E-Mails signieren & verschlüsseln · https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/de/