[libreplanet-discuss] Diplomatic activism [was Re: Is Stallman nuts?]

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Diplomatic activism [was Re: Is Stallman nuts?]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 17:37:21 -0700

The "thug" style of activists can be so extreme and closed-minded that
they lash out at fellow activists for merely *proposing* diplomacy. Most
don't recognize that their thuggishness is itself the most dangerous
liability, undermining solidarity and credibility. These days, it's
sometimes hard to tell the difference between a bad-faith thug / troll /
bot and a good-faith but thuggish activist.

I'll emphasize what I said before about the need for Restorative Justice
approaches and attitudes.

And a great resource for diplomatic activism:
http://loveandradio.org/2014/02/the-silver-dollar/
and follow up http://loveandradio.org/2017/02/how-to-argue/

Thanks for emphasizing the language of diplomacy. I find that useful and
will embrace that term going forward.