[libreplanet-discuss] We should all do something a little different now.

From: Will Hill
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] We should all do something a little different now.
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 12:55:36 -0500

On Thursday 19 September 2019, al3xu5 / dotcommon wrote:
> Those who here have clear how the statements of RMS have been
> misunderstood, distorted and in some cases even manipulated - more or less
> consciously, often with superficiality and hypocrisy - should manifest it,
> asking FSF to reject the resignation of RMS.

I agree, the FSF should have investigated the facts and looked for community
input before accepting RMS's resignation.  I understand that Richard can be
stubborn, but his resignation over libel is not at an obvious way to help the
FSF or make this scandal go away, much less fix the underlying issues.

Everyone should put some time into understanding the issue and voice your
opinion.  Roy Schestowitz has made a good page for understanding what
happened:

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/128122

I know people don't really have time for this, but doing nothing is an
acceptance of might makes right.