Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Apologies

From: A. Mani
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Apologies
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 18:47:10 +0530

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 6:21 AM Caleb Herbert <csh@bluehome.net> wrote:

> On 09/25/2019 07:43 PM, A. Mani wrote:
>
> >> The thing is, I think Richard is probably high-functioning autistic...
> >> like me. He says stupid things sometimes, without taking into account
> >> how other people will feel (because he can't. which is OK. I don't
> >> understand other peoples emotions either).
> >
> > That is no excuse.
>
> If I had as little mercy as you, I could accuse you of being ableist
> right now.

That is a wrong characterization of autism.
At most people with autism may have some difficulty in understanding
indirect communication/ body language related to emotions. RMS has
excellent communication skills

Best

A Mani

Prof.Dr.(Miss) A Mani
CU, ASL, AMS, ISRS, CLC, CMS, IEEE
Senior Member, International Rough Set Society
Homepage: http://www.logicamani.in
Blog: https://logicamani.blogspot.in/
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mani_A
sip:girlprofessor@ekiga.net