Re: Campaign to boycott Facebook

From: Roberto Beltran
Subject: Re: Campaign to boycott Facebook
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 19:19:18 +0000

>I also made the tactical choice to
not for Free Software specifically, for which I'm sure many here will
be disappointed.

Although you likely need to use proprietary JS to sign up for a Facebook
account at this point, if you have an account I think it's usable without
proprietary software.

There are plenty of reasons not to use Facebook and I don't, but you can be a
speerfie and still use it/be used by it if you block proprietary JS or use a
libre client.

In short, rejecting Facebook isn't necessarily a free software issue to begin
with so it's all good.

Roberto Beltran
https://libremiami.org/