Re: COVID-19 testing

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: COVID-19 testing
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 20:59:50 +0300

* C. Cossé <ccosse@gmail.com> [2021-08-18 20:33]:
>    You are using proprietary software from the moment you wake up in the
>    morning.  Even the traffic lights on your way to the pharmacy use prop
>    software.

Proprietary software may run anything, this really does not matter as
those devices are not under ownership of the user. If it runs on
somebody's else computer it is not affecting the user who does not own
the computer or user's data.

What matters is that third parties should not request or ask that
people install proprietary software and run it on personal devices as
that way people lose control over their computing.

If that is so, then whichever party asks or demand by the law or some
other rule to run the proprietary software than this party should
guarantee by some value the functionality of software and that could
be acceptable if the party demanding it or government, PROVIDES THE
DEVICE, where that software would exclusively run. That is very
similar to various devices like heart beat or pulse measurement or
watches where inside proprietary software runs but does not affect the
user nor user's data.

As if any law is enacted to run some software then that law cannot
demand people to buy smart phones or computers, the law must also say
that devices will be provided to people.

Though I am against such new laws, and I consider it fascism. We are
in the new fascism area.

Nobody should force people to install proprietary software on THEIR
devices as that is abuse of human rights.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/