Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?> the

From: Ole Aamot
Subject: Re: Should we take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?> the headache of it all dissolves in forgiveness
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 19:45:09 +0100

   Ukrainian state broadcaster is currently not GNOME Internet Radio
   Locator 12.2.0.
   Kyiv is under attack and we want to limit Russia and Putin's access to
   information.
   Is this wrong to think?  Users are free to add their own radio stations
   as users into
      $HOME/.gnome-internet-radio-locator/gnome-internet-radio-locator.xml
   The release is available from
   [1]https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-internet-radio-locator/12.2
   /gnome-internet-radio-locator-12.2.0.tar.xz
   and needs testing.
   See [2]http://www.gnomeradio.org/ for more information about the
   previous release 12.0.9 with the Ukrainian state broadcaster and it's
   location "Kyiv, Ukraine".
   Not mapped on OpenStreetMap.
   Best,
   Ole
   On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 5:12 PM Devin Ulibarri <[3]devinu@fsf.org>
   wrote:

     Hi,
     On 3/3/22 00:07, Richard Stallman wrote:
     > We all mistakes; we're all human.  The ability to
     > admit a mistake is a sign of a wise human.
     As for me, the mistake I would like to admit is not being careful
     enough
     in choosing my words. I did not mean to suggest that the FSF was
     taking
     a particular public stance, when in fact, it has not (and is under
     no
     obligation to do so).
     I appreciate everyone's work toward the common vision of achieving
     user
     freedom, and I look forward to the discussions to come, as we all
     have a
     lot of work to do.
     Best wishes,
     Devin
     --
     Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
     Free Software Foundation

   Ole Aamot
   Aamot Software / [9]www.aamot.software
   Frydenbergveien, 0575 OSLO, Norway