Re: why isn't stallman on lp2022 speakers list?

From: Kaio Duarte Costa
Subject: Re: why isn't stallman on lp2022 speakers list?
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2022 13:33:35 -0800

Em 2022-03-03 17:04, Pedro Lucas Porcellis escreveu:
> Do we? Isn't a lot of other people available which can offer the same
> level of guidance as RMS? Hasn't the man spoken a lot over all those
> years?
>
> If we don't, then I think there's much more to evaluate other than him
> *needing* to be on the list of speakers.

I agree with this, I think the question should be well analyzed, even.

Many people signed up, took the time and filled out the form to
participate in LibrePlanet 2022 as speakers, including me. It is not
fair to those who prepared and filled out the form before, the deadline
has passed and it was very well publicized by the way.

Also, we should pay close attention before saying something like "we or
X people (or community) need this". I respect the RMS just as I respect
and treat anyone well, but I think you should note that the people who
are going to speak are also leaders and no one is leading above anyone
else. We all follow the same philosophy, and I respect everyone's
opinion on the matter and show my disagreement on the issue respectfully
here.

--
Kaio Duarte Costa (Kaiod)