Re: why isn't stallman on lp2022 speakers list?

From: Kaio Duarte Costa
Subject: Re: why isn't stallman on lp2022 speakers list?
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 13:31:11 -0800

Em 2022-03-06 14:52, Adrienne G. Thompson escreveu:
> Danny:
>
>    Maybe then the LibrePlanet organizers need to change the name!!
>
>    "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"!
>    You can change the name, but you can't change the founder and leader of
>    the Free/Libre Software world. The Conference will, de facto, always be
>    "Stallman Con"!!!
>    Adrienne G. Thompson
>    Principal and Chief Code Artist, GNU C-Graph
>    --
>    Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!
>     2. Code Art Now: [2]http://codeartnow.com
>     3. Abertheid
>        Campaign: [3]http://www.abertheid.info/icc/pre-indictment-brief-05.
>        10.2006.pdf
>     4. Follow me on Twitter: [4]@AdrienneGT [5]@GNUcgraph
>     5. Let's Link Up: [6]https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriennegt/
>     6. Knees On My
>        Neck: [7]https://twitter.com/AdrienneGT/status/1288648018783277068
>     7. Rise Up for Richard Stallman: [8]https://www.stallmansupport.org
>
> References
>
>    1. http://www.gnu.org/software/c-graph
>    2. http://codeartnow.com/
>    3. http://www.abertheid.info/icc/pre-indictment-brief-05.10.2006.pdf
>    4. http://twitter.com/adriennegt
>    5. http://twitter.com/GNUcgraph
>    6. https://www.linkedin.com/in/adriennegt/
>    7. https://twitter.com/AdrienneGT/status/1288648018783277068
>    8. https://www.stallmansupport.org/

Hey Adrienne,

I believe that your argument is incorrect. Starting with the fact that
LibrePlanet is a community project created and supported by the Free
Software Foundation, which even has an annual convention. In this case,
it has no relation with RMS. So LibrePlanet is LibrePlanet, not
"Stallman Con".

> LibrePlanet is the annual conference promoted by the Free Software
> Foundation. LibrePlanet is an
> opportunity for community activists, domain experts, and people seeking
> solutions for themselves to > come together to discuss current issues in
> technology and ethics.
> - https://libreplanet.org/2022/

> LibrePlanet is an organizing space for everyone in the free software and free
> culture movements to
> collaborate around their own needs and concerns. LibrePlanet will work to
> provide the
> infrastructure, tools, and resources needed to help free software advocates
> amplify their advocacy.
> - https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:About

Also, I emphasize that the free software movement is broad, we have many
leaders, RMS being one of them. Richard did not found the free
software/libre movement, as well as his world, alone. Several people
participated in this construction, so he was one of the people who got
an extra highlight for his speeches, application of the philosophy,
performance, and work, but the movement was built collectively by people
who also worked to build what we have today in free software, and this
is undeniable.

--
Kaio Duarte Costa (Kaiod)