Re: [RFD 1] Pragmatic Use of Nonfree Software

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [RFD 1] Pragmatic Use of Nonfree Software
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:03:03 +0300

* Andrew Yu via libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>
[2022-04-18 09:38]:
> Free Software is undoubtably a good thing for society.  However,
> modern computer users are stuck in the proprietary "ecosystem" for
> historical reasons.  This document describes the justification and
> best current practices of using proprietary platforms to spread
> the ideas of Free Software.

Proprietary platform online is not an issue to free software in
itself.

Non-free Javascript is the issue.

Advertising free software anywhere on public forums shall be
encouraged.

Though not to encourage people in such way to run proprietary
software, including non-free Javascript.

Document is nicely formatted, I like it.

I reject the contents and point of it "to justify use of proprietary
software" by any means.

It is not justified.

Instead of justifications, I suggest you make a document that offers
solutions as how NOT TO USE proprietary software.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/