Re: Question of Aiding and Abetting Proprietary (or non-free) Software i

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: Question of Aiding and Abetting Proprietary (or non-free) Software in GNU projects
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 23:17:49 +0900

Sorry I have point this out...  you see, your comments are adding examples of
how proprietary systems can be harmful...  But this in no way changes the
nature of contradiction (using Emacs and Guix as convenient subjects for
comparison) I have been mentioning, the main part of my question.

-Yasu

PS
* I think the pros and cons of using proprietary systems are well understood,
perhaps, especially amongst the subscribers of this mailing list.

* It is worthy of mentioning as well, that the security argument may not be so
convincing.  If there is a nasty security bug in the hardware and the immediate
fix comes from the manufacturer in a proprietary BLOB?