Re: [libunwind] _ReadSLEB and _ReadULEB

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] _ReadSLEB and _ReadULEB
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:46:41 -0800

  Tommy> Whats the story behind _ReadSLEB and _ReadULEB?  I spent
  Tommy> quite a lot of time locating a bug where the personality
  Tommy> routine got in to an endless loop. Finally I fixed it by
  Tommy> removing the two mentioned routines from the libunwind
  Tommy> library (so it used the libipr versions instead)..

The routines were added solely for compatibility with ICC. ;-(
Unfortunately, libunwind.so.6 as shipped with ICC exports those
routines so in order to use my libunwind as a replacement, we have to
export those routines, too.  I don't see off-hand what's wrong.  AFAICS,
the implementations should be compatible.

Do you know why there was an endless loop?