Re: [Libunwind-devel] problem with ms_abi on x86-64

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] problem with ms_abi on x86-64
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 19:07:29 +0200

Hi,

>> Yes, that's what the compiler is doing.  Here's the
>> assembler for the prologue of f_ms_abi:
>
> Can you try the attached?
>
> Lassi/Paul: could you comment if you experience any slowdown on real
> world programs? Lperf-trace seems to be happy.

Compared to current head, I see consistent slightly over 5% slow-down with the
patch
in our memory profiler, using the same test I used previously. The 387M stack
walks
in ~960 secs become about ~1011 seconds with the patch. I don't think there are
any
ms_abi frames.

Under what conditions would ms_abi support / preserving SSE register state be
enabled?
The matches I found in google codesearch were basically cygwin, wine and some
EFI code.

Regards,
Lassi