Re: [Libunwind-devel] use_prev_instr breaking unwind - how to stop it?

From: Doug Moore
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] use_prev_instr breaking unwind - how to stop it?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 12:05:00 -0500

Platform:
Linux phi.cs.rice.edu 3.10.0-123.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 30 12:09:22 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

fetch_proc_info checks c->use_prev_instr and, if it is set, decrements the ip value as its first action. Later, it might update c->use_prev_instr, but for the first call, I'm stuck with the initial value, as set by unw_init_local.

Doug

Quoting Lassi Tuura <address@hidden>:

What platform are you on? fetch_proc_info() should auto-detect signal frame
and set use_prev_instr accordingly using the (kernel-provided) frame
annotations detected in parse_cie(). I don't know if that works for
anything but linux (and possibly x86_64 only at that). Looks like there may
be some support for freebsd.