lilypond-auto

Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2533 in lilypond: Patch: line_count fixes

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2533 in lilypond: Patch: line_count fixes
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:36:02 +0000

Comment #34 on issue 2533 by address@hidden: Patch: line_count fixes

Well, I am not a code guardian. I just happened to be the one running a large batch of patches through test-patches, and that means that you get me as a reviewer because nobody else was available.

I see here changes for things like repeat bars for unregularly spaced lines, and also slur changes for regularly spaced lines. I think it would make sense to split the issue at least along those lines that correspond to some sets of regtests. I don't know whether those effects deal with overlapping code. It would be good if one had two patches with non-overlapping changes, one of which deals with the unregularly spaced line regtests, one with the regularly ones, so that one could apply the patches in arbitrary order, even though it is likely that only one order has a working state after the first of two patches.

Now that is my personal opinion, not an official project policy, and you get to hear it because nobody else did the test-patches review. You still need to decide yourself what to make of it.

It is even conceivable that you don't create a separate issue but still split your work into a commit series (making sure that each commit compiles and has an effect of the regtests corresponding to its commit message) along those lines.

That still would make pinpointing problems easier if the need arises at some point of time.