Re: Replace deprecated functions from string module (issue 566920044 by

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Replace deprecated functions from string module (issue 566920044 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 09:36:46 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Reviewers: Malte Meyn,
>
> Message:
> On 2019/10/23 21:22:16, Malte Meyn wrote:
>> For someone who doesn’t know python two questions come up:
>
>> 1. Why do you sometimes use " " and sometimes ' '?
>
> AFAIK there is no difference between the two ways of writing a constant
> string (or not relevant here), so I've tried to stay consistent with the
> surrounding code.
>
>> 2. Is a space (" " or ' ') the default for the old string.join? Or
> should you
>> use an empty string ("".join()) instead in some places of the new
> version?
>
> A space is the old default. I quoted the relevant documentation in the
> commit message of the separate patches I posted in the issue, but
> unfortunately this is lost when uploading for review here :-(

git cl upload  allows you to edit the message.  You can edit in a
suitably edited version of git log (typically I put something like
Contains commits:
at the end of the principal text and then a lightly edited list of
reverse commit messages)

Tastes differ, but one has the opportunity to give more information.

--
David Kastrup