Re: Doc: NR - Doc CSS colour support (issue 551270043 by address@hidden)

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Doc: NR - Doc CSS colour support (issue 551270043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 07:40:45 -0800

> > I'm not a native speaker, but I think exactly the opposite,
> > given that 'i.e.' means 'that is' and 'e.g.' means 'for
> > example'.

I don't understand your point.  [...]

It's a matter of style, not a matter of grammar correctness.

I've never understood the point of two spaces after a full point
- and and yes, I've read all the (unconvincing) arguments for it.

Again, it's a matter of style, and maybe for the benefit of editors (at
least Emacs).

Yet at the same time, I see the amount of hand wringing and
discussion on these lists about all the various spacing
preferences (slurs-vs-ties differences or the size of a ball
on the end of a clef) as well as all the other musical
notation minutiae that is so important to us, which is why I
find this discussion rather disappointing.

Well, whatever we are going to use it should be *consistent*.  This has
very high priority to me.  I hope you can understand this, and I also
hope that you second it.

Bugger to the Chicago Manual of (so called) Style!

I don't mind if we follow a different style.  What would you recommend?

https://codereview.appspot.com/551270043/