Re: issue verification

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: issue verification
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:57:40 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 17.09.2020, 23:01 +0200 schrieb Michael Käppler:
> From my point of view, if an issue is
> 1. closed
> 2. marked as "Status::Fixed"
> 3. assigned to milestone x.y.z
>
> one can be sure that it is fixed in release x.y.z
> What should we verify?

See below.

> Another point is what Jean mentioned, 'verifying' in the sense of
> checking, whether a particular issue is really fixed in the release
> that corresponds to the issue's milestone.

Yes, that is what CG mentions should be done, please refer there.

> Do you mean we should try to start a new community effort to do that?

I'm not implying anything. The question was that somebody who knows
about the procedure (not me) should go over the instructions given in
the documentation. Until that happens, it's pointless to discuss among
three people (you, Jean, me) who don't know about it.

Jonas