Re: Advancing to Patch::review

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Advancing to Patch::review
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 06:36:23 +0000

On 01/12/2020 19:10, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
FYI: 'make check' is running in pipelines for merge requests since this
morning 🙂

One thing I forgot in that lengthy email two weeks ago was how MRs get
to Patch::review. Traditionally James posted "Passes make check" and
updated the labels accordingly. As 'make check' is now happening
automatically, I think it makes sense to distribute this job: Basically
once the pipeline is green and 'make check' produced *something* to
look at, every member of the group passing by may update the labels. My
gut feeling is that this should be somebody else than the MR author,
but I'm not sold on that. Furthermore, it might be nice to make a
screenshot of the visual difference and post that and the link for
discussion, which makes it much easier to spot (tree.gittxt and the
spurious errors about "Parsed object should be dead" can be skipped).

WDYT? For the record, moving to Patch::countdown and ::push as well as
composing the countdown messages would remain on James as the Patch
Meister.

Jonas

Seems that MR #533 is the first.

I'll manually test MR 531 as that seemed to have no quite made the cut.

James