Re: Advancing to Patch::review

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Advancing to Patch::review
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 21:57:56 +0100

Am 02.12.2020 um 18:16 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld:

[snip]
Circling back to my original proposal:
My gut feeling is that this should be somebody else than the MR author
Do I interpret your actions that you disagree with this? To elaborate a
bit, this tries to keep the pleasant effect that somebody else at least
opens your MR and nobody is tempted to change labels because "I'm sure
this will pass testing".
Well, I agree that it is better to have at least four eyes look at the
test results,
but since you wrote "You're not sold on this" I thought it would be okay
for you if I check the tests myself.  I did not include visual
screenshots, sorry for that.

Do you have any other 'actions' in mind? I assume that checking the results
for !533 and setting it to 'review' was ok?

If we decide to have the policy "Do not set your own MRs to 'review'",
I'm also
fine with that. OTOH, I would also trust the developers that they do not
set MRs to 'review' without looking at the tests.

I'm not sure, however, if it does work well to distribute the job of setting
patches from 'new' to 'review', because the frequency of somebody
'passing by'
can vary to a great extent and sometimes shared responsibility is
noone's responsibility :)

James, what is your opinion on that? Would you still be willing to do
this job?

Cheers,
Michael