Re: Advancing to Patch::review

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Advancing to Patch::review
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2020 13:51:06 +0100

This continues to be uploaded by GUB to http://lilypond.org/test/, e.g.
http://lilypond.org/test/v2.21.81-1/compare-v2.21.80-1/index.html

> > I think comparisons between several versions are of limited usefulness,
> > because it can be difficult to see if
> > changes are intended, not intended, or even occuring at random.
>
> Quite, but if you do this 'check' as part of the workflow for the next
> official release (Phil may already, I don't know and I don't want to
> necessarily make more work for anyone) then at least we aren't in for
> any shocks and also, anything that is intended should be in the
> changes.tely file, so this also helps us keep that up to date. But I am
> not sure how complex this is to set up again and if it is worth the work
> or not.

... and as it already exists, I am not sure how many looks it will get
(I look at the results a semi-regularly, but as Michael noted something
like changing the default font or tweaking horizontal distancing makes
the output pretty useless).

Jonas