Re: A basic question of Lilypond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: A basic question of Lilypond
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 15:18:06 +0000

Dear wyanshan,

There is no opening window for LilyPond.  LilyPond is a text and command-line
based program, not a GUI-based program.

http://lilypond.org/text-input.html

Some people have written GUI applications that do the work of running the
command-line based lilypond executable:

http://lilypond.org/easier-editing.html

Personally, I prefer Frescobaldi.

From your emails, I'm not sure what you are trying to do, so I don't know how
to help you better.

Best wishes,

Carl

On 12/18/20, 1:12 AM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of wyanshan"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+carl.d.sorensen=gmail.com@gnu.org on behalf of
wyanshan@163.com> wrote:

    Hello everyone,

    I start to learn C++ programming half years ago and have just a little
programming experiences before that.
    I  played guitar in my free time and know basic theory of music. I found
LilyPond!

    I have a very basic question about lilypond, maybe basic, but I think basic
questions and answers would be to way for those who want to open a door of a
new world. Thanks ahead.

    Where is the start up window file is in the source code? (The start up
window means the window when you open the software). For example with excel
VBA, I create a window file named with myWindow.frm,
    So the my Window.frm (with extension name frm) is saved, I can find it.  I
think I have downloaded the source file I can find lilyPond GUI design file and
the scheme of this window loading process, and also design of menus, I tried
    But I can’t find it.
    So, would some friend teach me the lilyPond software startup theory and how
to design the GUI look.

    Fortunatelly, I found the Untitled file is in the directory of ‘ly’ with
file name welcome-to-LilyPond-MACOS.ly <http://welcome-to-lilypond-macos.ly/>,
which means I am not very foolish.

    I really suggest there should be a very basic manual telling programming
beginners the very basic software startup theory and GUI design and the inter
relationship among the sourcecode.
    Maybe you think these things is too basic, but I think this is import...