Re: Inserting a few bars with a 3-staff PianoStaff into a normal 2-staff

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Inserting a few bars with a 3-staff PianoStaff into a normal 2-staff PianoStaff
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 06:30:41 -0400

Hi Robert,

> Is there a “valid” possibility to insert into a normal 2-staff PianoStaff a
> few bars with a 3-staff PianoStaff?

Absolutely. [Note: In most traditional engraving, such a 3-staff section would
usually fill the entire system, even if that meant having full-measure rests in
measures at the beginning or end of the system.]

> I used some trick but the result is unsatisfactory since that
> 3-staff-segment does not fill the space available in that system and I have
> not been able to stretch it a bit to reach the right-side margin. The result
> is a  sort of indentation in the wrong place.

It is essentially impossible to diagnose the issue with your example because
you did not provide code (preferably a MWE) to consider.

Best,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info