Re: Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:20:33 +0000

17. Oktober 2019 22:19, "Saul Tobin" <address@hidden> schrieb:

> The biggest killer-feature for me would be the ability to playback multiple
> midi files
> simultaneously in sync (to work around the 16 track limitation).

Sounds cool, but that's obviously not on the table. I think this is the domain
of DAWs.

> Audio format-wise, I think mp3 is fine. I doubt anyone particularly cares
> about lossless quality
> for their general midi soundfont playback.

Fair point. But two comments:
- To get mp3 the MIDI is first converted to a lossless format anyway.
- I think many people who want audio files want them to *share* them, either on
some sort of sharing platform or to hand them over to some partner for whatever
purpose. And for that there may be specific requirements.

But your comment reinforces my gut-feeling that the proper approach is not to
provide too many formats but rather a nice, well-defined selection.

Urs