Re: Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 22:17:01 +0000

17. Oktober 2019 18:59, "Guy Stalnaker" <address@hidden> schrieb:

> Urs,
>
> I'm thinking you mean here "Frescobaldi on Linux" right (since you also say
> fluidsynth)?

I don't "mean" that but it seems that's what I'm talking about.
However, although I don't know much about these things resources like
https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/wiki/BuildingWithCMake seem to
indicate that it *is* possible to have fluidsynth as a real Windows application.

> I use
> Frescobaldi primarily on Windows. And though one can use Cygwin, etc. to
> install an app like
> timidity, Frescobaldi does not "see" it.

OK, then the general question seems to be: are there command line tools that
can be used to convert MIDI to audio on Windows in a way that Frescobaldi can
use?

> But I can, and to, have lame installed because I can use
> VirtualMidiSyth to manually convert midi to mp3.

OK, a quick glance on the VirtualMidiSynth homepage made it clear that I won't
be able to fully digest how things relate here. What would be your setup to
"manually convert midi to mp3", is there a possibility to wrap that in a
command line invocation?
May lack of support for Windows-specific functionality is not ideological
(well, mostly ;-) ), but I need specific input to try making it work.

> Just putting this out there so you know.

Thanks
Urs