VLC versions was Re:Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export

From: wmilmoe
Subject: VLC versions was Re:Frescobaldi, improve support for audio export
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 11:55:39 +0000 (UTC)

this is what I get on command line when I type
vlc --version:

VLC media player 2.2.2 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.2-0-g6259d80)
VLC version 2.2.2 Weatherwax (2.2.2-0-g6259d80)
Compiled by buildd on lgw01-09.buildd (Aug  8 2017 18:59:52)
Compiler: gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.4)
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by the VideoLAN team; see the AUTHORS file.

I'm on Linux Mint 18.? can I really be that far behind.  I did try to import a midi file and it couldn't play it nor could it export it as an mp3.

7.7    VLC from the usual sources does not work (in fact crashes some updates).
8.0    VLC is not available.

There is a VLC available through flatpack, but I've not used it (so
therefore cannot comment), but have seen warnings that it will pull in
up to 1.2 GiB of other packages including the complete KDE implementation.

--
J Martin Rushton MBCS
I have not seen anything get added to lilypond proper for a long time. I may be wrong, but it's immensely difficult to get changes to core it would seem. Fair enough too. That's why openlilylib exists.

Curious,

Bill